Wednesday, May 19, 2010

in transit in mexico



my short story collection "in transit" now made the crossing to south america and arrived in Mexico, at the door stop of poet Rose Hunter. she took a picture, wrote a note, and then went ahead and pieced together a transit poem based on lines from the book.

it's all up here: "in transit" - in Rose's blog with the title that is a transit in itself: "Whoever brought me here will have to take me home." while there, also check out Rose's new book: "Another Night At The Circus" - a collection of interlinked short stories, recently featured in Daily s-Press (link).

and now, because it is so beautiful, and takes me to my own words in a different way, the transit poem. Rose, thanks so much for this.


The Perfect Plan
Rose Hunter


re/ visit /cycle /turn
all the spaces those
cubes have created
like flocks of ravens
a concentric wave would
run to the sides without anyone

interrupting it
the changing of
places, the changing of skies
all that is missing now
you have to pretend you don't feel how
we can learn lessons then
forget them again
they are 10 cent a piece
against expectations, this idea

of days of space this promise
to see and think and think and
see, until it makes sense -
his breath
at the edge of the ocean
this almost tenderness -

the train doesn't mind, it moves on
returning me to where I came
from, closing the circle

and I want to go
and I want to stay

.

2 comments:

Rose Hunter said...

Thanks Dorothee - I'm so glad you liked it. :) Thanks for the sentences!

Mel Bosworth said...

in transit is international!!!!