Saturday, October 15, 2016

in yellow days & your world



it’s this time again:
summer fading and autumn entering in yellow days.
such a color spectacle, the way one tree can color
all the space around it.

and time:
one week ago, it was our final island day.
i walked along the beach in a t-shirt.
watched swallows sail.



The island atmosphere, the more open horizon, the different rhythm of time - it still continues this week. There is a larger art project I am working with right now, and it's beautiful that this week brings the space and time to stay with it. More about that in a while - it's also the reason why I am less active in the blog and in the online hangouts right now.

From island to sky words:
A habit that developed during the island time: reading some poetry in the morning. Poetry Foundation has a playful poetry app that lets you spin a wheel of themes, and then lists poems. That’s how I arrived here this week:

*

“Your World”
by Georgia Douglas Johnson

Your world is as big as you make it.
I know, for I used to abide
In the narrowest nest in a corner,
My wings pressing close to my side. 

But I sighted the distant horizon
Where the skyline encircled the sea
And I throbbed with a burning desire
To travel this immensity.

I battered the cordons around me
And cradled my wings on the breeze,
Then soared to the uttermost reaches
With rapture, with power, with ease!

*

more skies from everywhere:
skywatch friday




3 comments:

Lady Fi said...

How lovely!

Powell River Books said...

We are going to get a big wind tonight so that will probably be the end to our fall colour. - Margy

Linda said...

I enjoy the "color spectacle" of autumn, but it is so fleeting!